DIY Breakout Rooms in Google Meet



Okay, so when I had just finished this long post, Google Meet Breakout Rooms suddenly appeared in my Google Meet. So I deleted everything and decided it was a bust. That's even after I put together a whole deck with steps, tips, a helpful video, and some sample templates to get you started

However, what if you want a bit more control of your Breakout Rooms like pre-assigning students in certain Meets so you don't have to waste time in class? Or what if you want students to choose their own Meet groups based on topics or needs? Or what if your school doesn't have an Enterprise account and won't get access to Breakout rooms at all? To help with those scenarios, I decided to write this post anyway. Check out the link to my deck above for steps to get started creating your own Mini Meets, and be creative with how you use them! Have a great idea for using this hack? Post it in the comments so we can learn from you.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New: Gmail Tutorials for Students (and staff!!)

Forcing Users to "Make a copy" in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, & Drawings

How Teachers can Achieve Inbox Zero during a Pandemic